"Bolero" crossing the finish line off St. David's Light, Bermuda, 1956.
|With her jib halyard rigged as a temporary forestay, "Bolero", plunging through heavy seas, crosses the finish line off St. David's Light, Bermuda and sets a new Bermuda race record.|
"Bolero" was under the new ownership of Swede, Sven Salen. Olin Stephens was also on board as mate and Ken Davidson, the director of The Steven's Institute (Towing Tank), was on board as navigator.
"Bolero" was designed by Olin Stephens in 1949 for the Commodore of the New York Yacht Club( 1952- 1954), John Nicholas Brown. She is presently undergoing a complete restoration.
|Dimensions||24" x 30"|
|Media||Oil on canvas|